Community, Sustainability and the Environment
Anglia Crown’s Promise
We recognise that as a business, we have a responsibility to all of our stakeholders, be they customers, employees, the community, our suppliers, the environment or our shareholders to act in a socially responsible manner.
Our aim is to achieve commercial success in ways that honour ethical values and respect people, communities and the natural environment.
The Company is committed to a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy that is based on integrity, sound values and a long-term approach. The strategy aims to balance the interests of the business with the interests and wellbeing of society and the environment.
Wherever possible Anglia Crown will source ingredients from UK based suppliers. However, the priority for the business is to ensure sustainable supply, at the right specification to the patients, with confidence that the supply of the ingredients can be maintained on an ongoing basis. Where an ingredient is seasonal, the business will aim to source locally during the UK season and then source alternative supply during the close season.
Anglia Crown’s Environmental Achievements
- Removed in excess of 22 metric tonnes of cardboard from the business in just 12 months.
- Achieved a 19% reduction in the total weight of packaging film used, without compromising product quality or integrity.
- Initiated ‘backhauling’ practice, in our distribution operation, to reduce carbon footprint. In excess of £1million worth of ingredients now backhauled.
- Continually striving to reduce the amount of heat and water used in the cooking process, through cooking efficiencies.
- Investigating the use of an Anaerobic Digestion System for processing food waste to reduce landfill.
- Increased sustainability – where possible source ingredients from UK based suppliers.
To see Anglia Crown’s commitment to its community, visit: