Crown Advantage with Smartpack technology (Torus Pak)
The next generation meal solution.
Just four easy steps from pack to plate through the removable base. Exactly as you see it in the pack, each and every time:
- Once regenerated, release tab from Smartpack.
- Pull tab away from Smartpack.
- Fold released removable base over Smartpack.
- Lift Smartpack, releasing meal perfectly onto warm plate or bowl.
The only prepared meal for the healthcare market with a removable base
The Smartpack base is completely removable in just four easy steps, and is unlike any other ready meal in the healthcare market. It effortlessly allows meals to be transferred, through the base of the pack, directly onto a warm bowl or plate. The ground-breaking technology has been developed directly from patient feedback, and research and development within Anglia Crown.
Consistent and precise regeneration
In order to be flexible to individual catering operations and budgets, Crown Advantage has been designed to be used with multiple regeneration partners including Iseco and iWave. However in our tests, we found that the Iseco Energis oven provides a best-in-class regeneration for the range, with minimal dehydration and shrinkage.
Iesco Energis oven
- Iesco Energis provides a best-in-class regeneration.
- Thermo-contact heating technology.
- Precision re-thermalisation.
- Helps reduce dehydration.
- Minimises shrinkage.
- Decreases discolouration.
- Up to four different temperatures available per heating cycle.
- Can be used to heat the bowls and plates too.
“Each and every meal we produce is extensively analysed and tasted to ensure it forms part of a balanced nutritious menu.”
Ruth Smith, Registered Dietitian.
Take a look at a selection of appetising and nutritionally balanced menu examples from the Crown Advantage range here.
Over 35 main menu choices
Crown Advantage is not just about clever packaging, it’s also about producing good quality food, a balanced menu choice and helping recovery through healthy meals.
The new frozen range has 39 main dish choices and enables caterers to provide a nutritionally balanced menu, whilst its exact portion size and control, helps to reduce wastage.
The range comes in two sizes, standard and smaller appetite, resulting in patients and residents receiving a meal that is suitable for their individual needs. With catering budgets continuing to be squeezed, not all caterers are able to access the funding to operate a commercial kitchen on site, the Crown Advantage prepared meal concept is an ideal solution for hospitals and care homes that have limited space, equipment, resources and staff.
Crown Advantage – at a glance
- UK first in the healthcare sector.
- Award winning Smartpack technology.
- Revolutionary removable base – Dishes transferred directly through the base.
- Precise and consistent presentation.
- Increased patient satisfaction.
- Decreased wastage.
- On-demand individual frozen meals, in a range of portion sizes.
- Different service solutions within one establishment.
- Served on a warm plate or bowl.