It is getting more expensive to live in the UK which can mean having to think and spend more wisely to eat healthily. Here are five tips to help you eat well and spend less.
- Plan ahead. Write a shopping list and avoid impulse purchases.
- Look out for weekly fruit and vegetable deals at superstores, markets and local shops.
- Try superstore value brands, which often taste just as good for a lower price.
- Cut food waste by eating leftovers from your evening meal for lunch or freezing for the following week.
- Cut your meat – swap for pulses (beans, lentils and peas) and vegetables.
For more information and tips, please see:
Disclaimer: This information is provided to promote healthy eating in the workplace for healthy individuals. It is not intended for the use of anyone who is pregnant or has a medical condition. For individual advice, please see your GP for referral to a Registered Dietitian (RD).